The Green Business Club (GBC) is a professional student organization at Columbia Business School. We serve our member students by providing educational and career development resources focused on a wide range of green business industries. Our membership has extensive experience working in sustainable finance and consulting, corporate social responsibility, renewable energy, electric vehicles, energy efficiency, sustainable consumer goods, and many more industries and functions focused on climate and sustainability. We strive to create a network for like-minded individuals in our community to share knowledge and facilitate career building.
The GBC engages CBS students, faculty, the greater Columbia community, and business leaders across industries on the intersection of business and climate/sustainability.
- We believe the climate crisis is one of the most important challenges and opportunities that we will face in our lifetime, and that business will play a vital role in addressing it
- We believe organizations should strive to operate sustainably, balancing economic, environmental, and social considerations
- We educate our members on emerging triple-bottom-line business issues and prepare them for careers related to climate change and sustainability
- We connect students with employers through networking opportunities, career resources, and industry/alumni contacts in the private, for-profit, public, and non-profit sectors
- We advocate and model sustainable practices in our own community through campus greening projects
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or are interested in getting involved with the GBC.